Last Updated on February 17, 2023 by brewthatcoffee
For 80 years, Dunkin’ Donuts has stood as the go-to place when we crave a sweet donut and a warm cup of coffee. In the summer of 2020, Dunkin’ Refreshers were added to their heavenly drinks and treats collection. Many people are wondering if these fruity drinks contain caffeine, and if so, how much?
All Dunkin’ Refreshers contain caffeine. Green tea naturally contains caffeine and is used as the base and in their fruit concentrate. A 16-ounce, 24-ounce, and 32-ounce Refreshers contain 66, 99, and 132 milligrams of caffeine, respectively. Coconut Milk Dunkin’ Refreshers contain less caffeine.
These fruity beverages are the perfect “pick-me-up” drink in the blistering summer heat – but do Dunkin’ Refreshers contain caffeine?
Do Dunkin’ Refreshers Have Caffeine?
Dunkin’ Refreshers contain caffeine.
These refreshing beverages are made with a base of green tea extract, which naturally contains small amounts of caffeine.
A small 16-ounce cup of Dunkin’ Refresher contains approximately 66 milligrams of caffeine. A medium 24-ounce cup contains 99 milligrams of caffeine. Finally, a large 32-ounce cup contains around 132 milligrams.
Dunkin’ points out that the specific amount of caffeine in green tea varies, so the caffeine content in your Refresher may vary slightly.
To put that in perspective, a general 8-ounce cup of Dunkin’ Donuts brewed coffee contains 120 milligrams of caffeine. Plus, the FDA recommends restricting your caffeine intake to 400 milligrams daily.
So, the Dunkin’ Refresher is the ideal beverage for a light energy boost without over-caffeinating.
Can You Order a Non-Caffeinated Version?
You cannot order a non-caffeinated Dunkin’ Refresher. They all contain various amounts of caffeine.
However, Coconut Dunkin’ Refreshers contain the least amount of caffeine, making them ideal for those who don’t want to consume too much caffeine.
The coconut Refresher is made with coconut milk instead of iced green tea, which is why it contains less caffeine than the other Dunkin’ Refreshers. However, it is flavored with fruit concentrate that consists of water, sugar, natural fruit flavors, and green tea extract.
So, all Dunkin’ Refreshers contain small amounts of green tea extract.
What is a Dunkin’ Refresher?
Dunkin’ Refreshers are fruity, lightly caffeinated beverages. These bright, fresh drinks are available in many flavors – some are seasonal, while others are available year-round.
What goes into a Dunkin’ Refresher?
These refreshing beverages are made from all-natural and low-calorie ingredients. Here are the components that go into a Dunkin’ Refresher:
- Iced Green Tea: Iced green tea serves as the base of all Dunkin’ Refreshers, with the exception of Coconut Dunkin’ Refreshers.
- Fruit flavor concentrate: The specific ingredients in the fruit flavor concentrate depends on the Refresher flavor you order. The concentrate is a sweet syrup made from all-natural ingredients.
- B vitamins: Dunkin’ Refreshers contain a mixture of B3, B5, B6, and B12 to give the beverage a little health boost. The vitamin blend is flavorless, giving you a nutritious boost without affecting the taste of your Refresher.
- Sometimes lemonade: Dunkin’ Refreshers can be made with a lemonade base instead of the traditional iced tea base.
- Sometimes coconut milk: Coconut Dunkin’ Refreshers are made with coconut milk instead of an iced green tea base.
Dunkin’ Refresher Flavors
Dunkin’ is forever changing the Refresher flavor lineup. Initially, the company only offered Strawberry Dragon Fruit and Peach Passionfruit Refreshers. While these two classics remain on the menu, Dunkin’ offers fun and exciting seasonal flavors during spring and summer.
Here are the current Dunkin’ Refresher flavors:
- Strawberry Dragon Fruit Refresher: It contains green tea extract, B vitamins, and a strawberry concentrate. The drink also contains subtle dragon fruit flavors that give it a pretty pink tone.
- Peach Passionfruit Refresher: It contains green tea extract, B vitamins, and sweet peach and passionfruit concentrate. The drink has an irresistible sweet, tart punch that ranks it as Dunkin’s best-selling Refresher.
- Blood Orange Refresher: It is a seasonal drink with citrus-forward fall flavors. It is made with green tea extract, B vitamins, and bold, sweet, blood orange flavors.
- Blueberry Pomegranate Refresher: It features green tea extract, B vitamins, and flavored blueberry and pomegranate fruit concentrate.
- Apple Cranberry Refresher: It combines green tea extract, B vitamins, Honeycrisp apple, and cranberry fruit concentrate. The apple flavors and red tones make it feel like a true seasonal drink.
- Strawberry Lemonade Refresher: The drink uses a lemonade base with B vitamins and strawberry fruit concentrate. It tastes like a refreshing strawberry lemonade.
- Blueberry Lemonade Refresher: The Blueberry Lemonade Refresher also contains lemonade and B vitamins but uses a blueberry concentrate instead of strawberry.
- Mango Pineapple Lemonade Refresher: The drink uses a refreshing lemonade base with B vitamins and mango pineapple fruit concentrate. The lemonade takes the leading flavors in this Refresher, and the fruit concentrate lends just the right amount of sweetness.
- Peach Passionfruit Lemonade Refresher: It contains a lemonade base, B vitamins, and peach passionfruit concentrate. The lemonade and peachy flavors create a perfect summer combo.
Note: Dunkin’s Refreshers are subject to availability and change.
Dunkin’ Coconut Milk Refreshers
Dunkin’s also features Refresher options made with coconut milk instead of green tea or lemonade. These drinks are sweet and ultra-creamy! Here are the available options:
- Pink Strawberry Coconut Milk Refresher: It is flavored with delicious strawberry and dragon fruit flavors and creamy coconut milk. The dragon fruit adds a pinkish hue to the refreshing summer beverage. This sweet drink is picture-perfect!
- Purple Pomegranate Coconut Milk Refresher: This vibrant purple drink is one of Dunkin’s most colorful Refreshers. The purple tones are the perfect expression of this drink – pomegranate and blueberry juice concentrate with coconut milk.
- Golden Peach Coconut Milk Refresher: It contains refreshing coconut milk and sweet peach flavors.
- Blood Orange Coconut Milk Refresher: This seasonal drink has bright citrus and tart cranberry flavors. It is made with coconut milk, B vitamins, and bold, sweet blood orange and cranberry fruit concentrate.
As we mentioned earlier, the Dunkin’ Refresher flavors are subject to availability.
How to Make a Dunkin’ Refresher Vegan
Fortunately, Dunkin’ Refresher drinks are all vegan-friendly. You can also enjoy their vegan-friendly Coolattas – absolutely delicious!
Their Coconut Refresher is made from plant-based coconut milk, making it a safe option for vegans.
However, according to Dunkin’s, all the menu items (vegan or non-vegan) are prepared in the same area. The company cannot guarantee that won’t be any cross-contact between their products and ingredients.
Best Dunkin’ Refreshers (& Their Caffeine Content)
Here are the best Dunkin’ Refreshers and their caffeine content per cup size.
|Dunkin’ Refresher Flavor||Small Cup (16 ounces)||Medium Cup (24 ounces)||Large Cup (32 ounces)|
|Strawberry Dragon Fruit Refresher||66 milligrams||99 milligrams||132 milligrams|
|Purple Pomegranate Coconut Milk Refresher||46 milligrams||68 milligrams||91 milligrams|
|Apple Cranberry Refresher||66 milligrams||99 milligrams||132 milligrams|
|Blood Orange Coconut Milk Refresher||46 milligrams||68 milligrams||91 milligrams|
|Mango Pineapple Lemonade Refresher||66 milligrams||99 milligrams||132 milligrams|
|Golden Peach Coconut Milk Refresher||46 milligrams||68 milligrams||91 milligrams|
|Blueberry Lemonade Refresher||66 milligrams||99 milligrams||132 milligrams|
|Pink Strawberry Coconut Milk Refresher||46 milligrams||68 milligrams||91 milligrams|
Strawberry Dragon Fruit
Introducing the Dunkin’ Refresher Strawberry Dragon Fruit Drink – a delicious and light option for cooling off in the summertime! This refreshing beverage has 27 grams of sugar, 130 calories, and 99 mg of caffeine per medium size. The perfect combination of sweetness and tartness, this drink is sure to invigorate your senses.
Purple Pomegranate Coconut Milk
Quench your thirst with the delicious and light Dunkin’ Refresher Purple Pomegranate Coconut Milk drink! This unique refresher has 29 grams of sugar, 170 calories, and 68 mg of caffeine per medium size.
With flavors like blueberry, pomegranate, and Coconutmilk, how can you resist?
Fall lovers rejoice! The delicious Apple Cranberry Refresher is here to make your day. With 180 calories, 39 grams of sugar, and 99 grams of caffeine, it’s a great alternative to high-calorie coffee drinks.
Blood Orange Coconut Milk
Get an uplifting burst of energy and flavor with Dunkin’s Refresher Blood Orange drink. If you’re a citrus lover, this drink is totally up your alley.
This drink was created by Dunkin’ for fall lovers who can’t wait for the weather to cool down.
Mango Pineapple Lemonade
Enjoy a tropical refreshment with the Mango Pineapple Lemonade! This delicious beverage is served chilled and can be mixed with green tea, coconut milk, or lemonade. With its combination of natural mango and pineapple flavors, it’s a perfect way to cool off in the summer heat.
Golden Peach Coconut Milk
Enjoy a taste of the tropics with Dunkin’s Golden Peach Refresher! This light refresher starts with a base of delicious coconut milk and is then blended together with natural peach and passion fruit flavors for an exotic, fruity sip.
Blueberry and lemonade is a classic flavor combination that will please many palettes. This natural lemonade is infused with blueberry for a vibrant, fruity flavor.
Pink Strawberry Coconut Milk
Add a pop of summertime fun to your day with Dunkin’s Pink Strawberry Coconut Milk Refresher! This pink refresher has a delightful strawberry and coconut milk flavor combination blended together for an irresistibly sweet drink.
Caffeine in Dunkin’ Refreshers vs Other Dunkin’ Drinks
Here is the caffeine amount in your favorite Dunkin’ drinks:
|Refreshers||66 milligrams||99 milligrams||132 milligrams|
|Hot Coffee||180 milligrams||210 milligrams||270 milligrams|
|Espresso||118 milligrams||237 milligrams||354 milligrams|
|Americano & Macchiato||237 milligrams||284 milligrams||252 milligrams|
|Cappuccino & Latte||118 milligrams||166 milligrams||371 milligrams|
|Decaf Coffee||7 milligrams||10 milligrams||15 milligrams|
|Cold Brew||174 milligrams||260 milligrams||347 milligrams|
|Frozen Coffee||196 milligrams||295 milligrams||393 milligrams|
|Chai Latte||70 milligrams||105 milligrams||140 milligrams|
|Match Latte||80 milligrams||120 milligrams||200 milligrams|
|Green Tea||70 milligrams||70 milligrams||140 milligrams|
|Black Tea||90 milligrams||90 milligrams||180 milligrams|
|Iced Tea||42 milligrams||63 milligrams||84 milligrams|
|Coolatta||0 milligrams||0 milligrams||0 milligrams|
|Herbal Tea||0 milligrams||0 milligrams||0 milligrams|
|Hot Chocolate||9 milligrams||13 milligrams||18 milligrams|
|Frozen Chocolate||5 milligrams||6 milligrams||8 milligrams|
Caffeine in Dunkin’ Refreshers vs. Starbucks Refreshers
Although it may initially seem like Starbucks Refreshers contain about half the caffeine content of Dunkin’ Refreshers. However, Starbucks Refreshers are approximately 30% less caffeinated when comparing the volumes.
Starbucks Refreshers contain less caffeine because they are made with green coffee extract instead of green tea extract.
Here is a brief comparison:
|Dunkin’ Refresher Caffeine Content||Starbucks Refresher Caffeine Content|
|Small (16-ounce)||66 milligrams||Tall (12-ounce)||35 milligrams|
|Medium (24-ounce)||99 milligrams||Grande (16-ounce)||45 milligrams|
|Large (32-ounce)||132 milligrams||Venti (24-ounce)||70 milligrams|
Dunkin’ Refreshers FAQs
All Dunkin’ Refreshers contain caffeine. However, the content is low enough to give you a mild energy boost without the rush.
Opt for a Coconut Milk Dunkin’ Refresher for a little less caffeine.