Last Updated on February 19, 2023 by brewthatcoffee
Summer is the time to sip a refreshing iced latte from Starbucks, enjoying the cool milkiness while taking in your daily caffeine. But which is the best Starbucks iced latte?
There are at least 10 iced lattes on the regular Starbucks menu, and endless secret creations are thought up daily. We’re here to help you choose the 15 best Starbucks iced lattes.
- Iced Caffè Latte
- Iced Dirty Chai Latte
- Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Iced Starbucks Blonde Vanilla Latte
- Starbucks Reserve Iced Hazelnut Bianco Latte
- Iced London Fog Tea Latte
- Oatmeal Cookie Latte
- Iced Caramel Brulée Latte
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Latte
- Cookie Butter Latte
- Cinderella Iced Latte
- Iced Pistachio Latte
- Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte
- Strawberry Shortcake Iced Latte
- Iced Matcha Latte
The 15 Best Starbucks Iced Lattes, Ranked (Regular & Secret Menu)
Here are the best iced lattes you can order from Starbucks.
1. Iced Caffè Latte
This is a conservative choice for number one, yes, but you can’t go wrong with a classic.
This old favorite menu item combines ice, milk, and brewed espresso. It’s light and refreshing and gives a caffeine boost.
How to order: One grande iced caffè latte
Ingredients: Ice, milk, one espresso shot
Change it up: This is the basic iced latte, so you can make all kinds of modifications. For example:
- Add sweetness through sugar or flavored syrup.
- Choose skim milk.
- Choose plant-based milk: almond is delicious.
- Add an extra shot of caffeine for the buzz.
2. Iced Dirty Chai Latte
The Iced Dirty Chai Latte is so popular that you’d think it was a regular menu item – it’s not. Combining the best of both worlds, an iced dirty chai latte gives you the kick of a coffee with the warm, fragrant spices of Indian-style milky tea. The “dirty” part of the latte is the added coffee for caffeine lovers.
This delicious beverage is sweet and creamy but not as rich as some of the creations above. Try it if you love cinnamon rolls.
How to order: One grande iced chai latte with a shot of espresso
Ingredients: Ice, chai tea concentrate, milk, one espresso shot
Change it up: This recipe is already a modification, but go ahead:
- Add whipped cream for decadence.
- Ask for a couple of pumps of vanilla syrup for a sweeter drink.
- Make it vegan by asking for almond or soy milk.
3. Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte
This menu item is my go-to when I don’t want chocolate but need a dose of sweetness. It’s got everything you need: cinnamon, cream, sprinkles, and caffeine. The Cinnamon Dolce Latte is not for the faint-hearted but is a fantastic reward after a long week.
How to order: One grande iced cinnamon dolce latte
Ingredients: Ice, milk, one espresso shot, cinnamon-dolce syrup, sweetened whipped cream, cinnamon-dolce sprinkles
Change it up: If this is too rich for you, try these changes:
- Hold the sprinkles.
- Substitute sugar-free syrup.
- Ask for plant-based milk and cream.
4. Iced Starbucks Blonde Vanilla Latte
Choose this menu favorite when you want a regular latte but need a spark of magic. You’ll need a seriously sweet tooth to enjoy the vanilla latte – it has four pumps of syrup, making it far sweeter than a classic iced latte. Also, Starbucks’ blonde espresso is a lighter roast, so this is an all-around silky beverage.
How to order: One grande iced blonde vanilla latte
Ingredients: Ice, milk, blonde espresso shot, vanilla syrup
Change it up: This simple beverage opens up for a variety of add-ins and subs:
- Swap in sugar-free syrup.
- Choose skim milk.
- Add a mocha drizzle.
- Substitute oat milk for a creamy, vegan drink.
5. Starbucks Reserve Iced Hazelnut Bianco Latte
For an exceptional iced latte, go for this elegant menu item. Starbucks Reserve offers small-lot coffee beans, meaning you’ll get a different blend each time you order. Enjoy the best of Starbucks’ espresso with a delightful hazelnut-praline flavored milk that Starbucks created in-house.
Hazelnut and coffee are a traditional pairing, which works well here. This is the iced latte for connoisseurs, smooth, with a subtle nuttiness, and none of the excess of other lattes.
How to order: One grande iced hazelnut bianco latte
Ingredients: Ice, house-made hazelnut-praline-infused milk, one shot of Starbucks reserve espresso
Change it up: This is a perfectly balanced beverage, so consider only minor alterations:
- Add an extra shot of espresso.
- Swap for almond milk, but you will lose the nuanced flavors.
6. Iced London Fog Tea Latte
This romantically named latte is from the iced tea menu. Still, it is as delicious and more charming than any coffee drink (and far lower in caffeine). The tea base is Earl Grey, a centuries-old blend of black tea with spicy lavender and citrussy bergamot notes. It’s sweetened with vanilla syrup, so you can enjoy the flavors of tea and scones in one beverage.
How to order: One grande iced London fog tea latte
Ingredients: Ice, black Early Grey tea, milk, vanilla syrup
Change it up: You’ve got a sweet, milky tea here, so there are lots of changes possible:
- Swap for sugar-free syrup.
- Ask for plant-based milk. Soy works well here.
7. Oatmeal Cookie Latte
One of the most famous secret menu options, this latte is inherently vegan. The oat milk combines with the sweet indulgence of mocha, brown sugar, and chocolate. One sip will trick you into thinking you’re having milk and oatmeal cookies before a nap.
How to order: One venti iced caffè latte, sub oat milk, two pumps of mocha syrup, two pumps of brown sugar syrup, oat milk foam, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup
Ingredients: Ice, oat milk, one espresso shot, mocha syrup, brown sugar syrup
Change it up: For an even more decadent beverage, why not:
- Swap the foam for cream.
- Add a pump of chocolate syrup.
- Add chocolate sprinkles.
8. Iced Caramel Brulée Latte
You can’t go wrong when you put the richness of coffee, the smokiness of caramel, and the dreaminess of cream together. As an iced coffee, this latte is absolutely heavenly. It’s wickedly sweet and decadent, but you’re not going to order it for breakfast. (No judgment if you do.)
How to order: One grande iced caramel brulee latte
Ingredients: Ice, milk, one espresso shot, caramel brulée sauce, whipped cream, caramel brulée topping
Change it up: This drink is already perfect, but think about:
- Add an extra shot of espresso.
- Add a couple of pumps of white chocolate mocha syrup.
9. Cinnamon Toast Crunch Latte
On days when you’re overwhelmed and long for the comforts of childhood, order yourself a cinnamon toast crunch latte. This tantalizingly sweet secret menu confection pays nostalgic homage to a favorite breakfast cereal: the crunchy wholesomeness melted into the milk.
How to order: One venti iced white chocolate mocha with three pumps of cinnamon dolce syrup, one pump of hazelnut syrup, and cinnamon-sugar sprinkles
Ingredients: Ice, milk, one espresso shot, white chocolate mocha sauce, cinnamon dolce syrup, hazelnut syrup, cinnamon sugar sprinkles
Change it up: Does this really need anything else?
10. Cookie Butter Latte
With the craze for cookie butter not letting up, why not enjoy the Starbucks secret menu version? Although there’s not actually cookie butter mixed into the drink, you’ll enjoy the same buttery, sugary, baking spice flavors.
How to order: One grande iced chai latte with two pumps of brown sugar syrup and chestnut praline topping
Ingredients: Ice, chai tea concentrate, milk, brown sugar syrup, vanilla syrup, chestnut praline
Change it up: Other secret menu versions of the cookie butter latte suggest:
- Top it with sweet vanilla cream cold foam
- Substitute oat milk
- Add a shot of espresso for a dirty chai-style latte
11. Cinderella Iced Latte
The ultimate iced latte for a Disney princess, this coffee will give you a guaranteed happily ever after. The Cinderella is a secret menu twist on a regular iced latte, but with fairy tale additions of pumpkin spice and chocolate. It’s simple, which makes the flavors perfect, especially for PSL fans. You shall go to the ball (or at least Starbucks).
How to order: One grande iced latte with two pumps of pumpkin syrup and two pumps of white chocolate mocha syrup
Ingredients: Ice, milk, one espresso shot, pumpkin sauce, white chocolate mocha syrup
Change it up: Fairy godmothers could cast this spell:
- Add a topping of whipped cream.
- Swap for almond milk.
- Substitute skim milk.
12. Iced Pistachio Latte
This deliciously nutty latte variation is a firm favorite on the Starbucks menu. Many coffee drinkers are looking for flavor variations but don’t want an overly sweet dessert-style coffee.
The iced pistachio latte has a subtly sweet nuttiness, offset by the fabulous brown butter topping. The nuts and salty, caramel-like butter are a fantastic combination, making this latte one of the top 15.
How to order: One grande iced pistachio latte
Ingredients: Ice, milk, one shot espresso, pistachio sauce, salted brown butter topping
Change it up: Try these add-ins and substitutions:
- Leave off the brown butter topping if you prefer your latte less sweet.
- Swap for almond milk, which adds to the gorgeous nuttiness.
13. Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte
Sometimes Starbucks creates a coffee so magical that it can’t be sold only during the holidays. That’s why Starbucks has the delectable Iced Sugarcookie Almondmilk latte on its menu year-round.
Staying with the theme of coffee for dessert, this vegan coffee is lighter than a creamy frappucino. It tastes exactly like those sugar cookies your grandma used to make in the holidays: buttery, sugary, and slightly nutty.
It’s unlikely that this will replace your daily latte, but it’s an excellent choice when you’re in a December mood but in July.
How to order: One grande iced sugar cookie almondmilk latte
Ingredients: Ice, almond milk, one Starbucks Blonde espresso shot, sugar cookie syrup, red and green sprinkles
Change it up: Want to amp it up for your sweet tooth?
- Add sweet vanilla whipped cream.
- Add two pumps of toffee nut syrup.
14. Strawberry Shortcake Latte
This secret menu extravaganza is like a meal in a glass – not one of those diet shakes, but a full-on dessert cart. You’ve got all the elements of the summer pudding here, with sweet strawberries, crunchy biscuits, and creamy vanilla. Order this on a summer afternoon when you don’t have to return to work.
How to order: One venti iced caffè latte blended with strawberry purée, three pumps of brown sugar syrup, one pump of classic syrup, vanilla sweet cream cold foam blended with strawberry puree, strawberry inclusions, and salted brown butter topping
Ingredients: Ice, milk, strawberry purée, one shot espresso, brown sugar syrup, classic syrup, dried strawberries, butter
Change it up: Do you really want to add something?
- Replace the foam with sweet whipped cream.
- Ask for plant-based milk.
15. Iced Matcha Latte
Matcha is a fantastic superfood ingredient, Japanese green tea powder – so you’ll find this beverage amongst the iced teas. Like coffee, matcha contains caffeine, but it is an acquired taste.
Straight matcha tea can be a bit grassy, so try it as an iced latte, where the milk and sugar temper the flavor a little. It’ll soon be a favorite pick-me-up to refresh after working out.
How to order: One grande iced matcha latte
Ingredients: Ice, milk, matcha tea blend (sugar, Japanese match tea)
Change it up: Vary your matcha by trying this:
- Swap for coconut milk and add a couple of pumps of chai, and you’ve created the Moon Drink from the Starbucks secret menu.
Modifying Your Iced Latte
The Starbucks secret menu is based on modifications to lattes found on the regular menu. Experiment to find your own luscious iced latte invention with these possibilities.
Playing with toppings is a simple way to add to or simplify your latte. There are six types of toppings to consider:
- Powder: Dust cocoa or cinnamon over a latte for flavor without added sweetness.
- Sprinkles: Add colorful red and green sprinkles to create a holiday latte, or add flavor with salted brown butter or chocolate curls. These toppings add a lot of sugar, so remove them from drinks to cut down.
- Drizzles: Caramel or mocha drizzle is an excellent substitute for sugar-laden syrup. One pump of drizzle has half the sugar of regular syrup.
- Cold foam: Choose cold foam instead of whipped cream for a lighter topping, with unflavored nonfat cold foam as your low-calorie option. Other cold foam flavors contain sugar. You can get cold foam in plant-based milk as well.
- Whipped cream: This is the ultimate coffee topping you can add to any latte to make a statement. It’s very high in fat (110 calories), so avoid cream if you want a lower-calorie beverage.
The syrup will change the flavor of your latte in a few quick pumps. However, each pump adds at least 10g of sugar, so choose sugar-free syrup if you’re concerned. There are two kinds of syrup:
- Regular syrups: These sugar-laden flavorings range from hazelnut to toasted vanilla. Four pumps are standard for a grande beverage, but two will provide enough flavor.
- Sauces: These thicker, dairy-based sauces add dessert-like texture and flavor to your coffee.
There are three main options to consider for an iced latte:
- The roast: Go for the regular dark roast espresso, or choose the lighter blonde roast. You can also go for decaf.
- Shot number: One shot is standard, and two give a caffeine kick.
- Shot size: You can choose a ristretto or a long shot, the latter being a great choice for a milky latte.
Milk is a vital component of a latte, so you should spend time considering what’s ideal:
- Starbucks uses 2% milk as a default, but you can up this to half-and-half, whole milk, or even cream. There’s nonfat too.
- Plant-based milk: Your options are almond, coconut, soy, and oat.
Starbucks Iced Lattes FAQs
With coffee and tea-based lattes on the menu, Starbucks has a wide variety of iced lattes on sale. Add to these the multiple secret menu inventions, and you can order just about any variation or combination of espresso, milk, syrup, and topping that makes you happy.